This is my Mom’s recipe for Peach Cobber, my all-time favorite dessert!
When I was younger my mother used to make the best Peach Cobbler. She’s not around any longer to shower me with such great treats, so I had to take matters into my own hands.
Below is my resume for Peach Cobbler from what I remember as I watched my mom cook up this scrumptious, fruit dessert. My take on it is that I like to make it in a bundt pan so there’s plenty to go around. And there’s something about how it presents in that uniquely designed pan.
- 4 15oz cans sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1.5 Cups Brown Sugar (fully packed)
- 2 Pillsbury Pie Crusts (1 box)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- ¾ Cup Water
Crust and Topping Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cinnamon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ¾ Cup of Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray Bundt cake pan with Baker’s Joy non-stick spray.
- Cut a hole in the center of Pie Crusts to fit over bundt circle
- Layer the first Pie Crust in the base of the bundt pan
- Empty contents of each can of peaches into large sauce pan.
- Add 1.5 cups brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and butter
- Mix cornstarch and ¾ cups of luke-warm water
- Bring to boil then add cornstarch to thicken
- Reduce heat and prepare topping and some dough filling.
- Slice 5 tablespoons of butter into ½ inch by ½ inch cubes
- To make crust use a kitchen mixer and combine flour, butter, sugar, salt, baking powder and milk until thoroughly mixed and a ball forms (batter will be similar to cookie dough).
- Remove from mixer bowl and knead for a few minutes to form shape of a ball.
- Pull apart a handful of dough and separate into 1 inch pieces.
- Add pulled dough to peaches in saucepan and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spoon in enough peaches to fully cover the bottom layer of the Bundt pan.
- With the second Pie Crust, layer over the the peaches base.
- Add the peaches mix atop the second pie crust.
- Flatten the balance of the dough with a rolling pin and slice into ½ inch x 6 inch rectangles.
- Align a row of dough horizontally over the peach filling and another across vertically.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon Sugar on the top to your liking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!